For years now, private schools in Nigeria have been doing a lot to provide quality education and standard infrastructures for students. The challenge with this is the cost of the fees, most of these private schools in Nigeria are usually very expensive and can only be afforded by the rich. In this article, we would be looking at the most expensive Higher Institutions in Nigeria.
- Nile University
- American University of Nigeria
- Igbinedion university
- Babcock University
- Afe Babalola University
- Bowen University
- Benson Idahosa University
- Covenant University
- Crawford University
- Caleb University
- Nile University of Nigeria: The Nile University is currently the most expensive private university in Nigeria, it is located in Jabi, Abuja and was established in 1998. The highest tuition at the university is N5.7Million per annum.
- American University of Nigeria: AUN is owned by Atiku Abubakar and it is located at Yola Adawama state. The least tuition fee paid is about N1.6 Million per semester per annum.
- Igbinedion University: This is one of the most popular universities in Nigeria. The school was established in 1999 and it is located in Okada, Edo State. The highest tuition fee at this institution is paid by their medical students, about N3.5 Million per annum.
- Babcock University: Babcock university is one of the most expensive universities in Nigeria and also one of the best in the country. The school is located in Ilisan-Remo. Ogun State, is owned by the Seventh-day Adventist church in Nigeria. The highest school fee at this university is N3,160,000 per annum.
- Afe Babalola University: ABUAD is located at Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State. The school fees paid by students of this institution are between N665,00 and N1,577,00 per annum.
- Bowen University: Bowen is located in Iwo. The school is owned and operated by the Nigerian Baptist Convention. School fees of students at this institution range between N470,00 and N1,850,000 per annum.
- Benson Idahosa University: The school is owned by a religious organization, Christian Faith University. The most expensive fee is paid by law students of the institution N1,150,000 per annum.
- Covenant University: Covenant is a great university; many people consider it the best of all private universities in Nigeria. It is located in Otta, Ogun state. The tuition is between N790,000 and N814,000 per annum.
- Crawford University: Crawford University is a private Christian university located in Igbesa, Ogun State in Nigeria owned by Apostolic Faith Mission. It was established in 2005. The school fees range between N461,000 and N600,000 per annum.
· Caleb University: Caleb university is relatively a new university in the country, it is located in Lagos. The school fees range from N400,000-N500,000 per annum.